To do all of the of the following things I have to start somewhere. For example, I haven’t gone swing dancing in like 2 years. I’d need to actually take classes and get proficient before I could teach a beginner class. That’s the idea. Set a goal and then do what it takes to meet it.
This is all stuff that excites me. What’s on your list?
- Facilitate an online workshop intensive on productivity or self-care. (I wanna be like Hannah Brencher.)
- Lose 30 pounds and keep that ish off. (I have a nutritionist and a personal trainer right now.)
- Write a book about my life and how I’ve gotten to where I am. Publish it. Sell it. Maybe change a life. Maybe not.
- Prepare to enter a doctoral program. (Ummm…that’s scary).
- Run two more seasons of SA Search Motivation.
- Co-teach a beginner level Lindy Hop Swing dance class.
- Co-teach a beginner level improv class. (This is going to happen. I LOVE improv.)
- Run 10 different 5Ks (No Color Run 5Ks. Some kid threw yellow powder up my nose one year).
- Have 1:1 coffee meetups with at least 75 different college students and document 1/3 of them. (e.g. Keep track of who I met with; jot down their dreams and challenges while in undergrad, take a selfie with them, etc.)
- Go on 3 BIG vacations with Tynesha. (We’re going to Canada this year, so that’s one down).
- Send the moms in my life flowers on Valentine’s Day. (Because I stress the eff out when trying to get the perfect gift. So moms are the best option.)
- Co-plan a 1-day for young professionals needing a jump start in their careers.
- Go to 3 dance exchanges that include day long workshops.
- Launch a university peer-to-peer note writing project. (Similar to this one.)
- Speak at 10 schools (K-12 & college/university).
- Take 3 cooking classes – especially one to make delicious foreign street food.
- Do a TEDX talk. An IGNITE talk. And talks at NASPA and ACPA. We goin’ big, ya heard!
*To be updated and modified periodically.